× For each unban request, create a new topic. Also add your in-game nickname in topic title please

"Admin Abuse" - Rainbow

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by jacobston
"Admin Abuse" - Rainbow was created by jacobston
I hope you don't mind, I decided to bring this to a new thread to keep the admin thread clean.

Rainbow wrote: Hello.

I want to report admin abuse.

I am one of the guys banned by admin NL. I was playing with my friends on your server (RPR-Justice). We did quite a couple of missions this day. We were even playing on this server the days before.

Admin NL joined when we were in the middle of a mission. He did not even say hello or anything. He spawned in and the first thing he did was to complain about us. He said (as shown on the screenshot) "change your names". We asked him why to do so. He was not able to give us an answer. He just said "I don't like your names". I don't know about you guys, but I live / want to live in a free, open minded and tolerant society. Admin NL even insults us nazis. The truth is, he is the actual "nazi" here. He does not tolerate us on the server for no reason. He bans us because he "doesn't like" our names. ???

We did not say a word to anyone. We were playing on a Coop Server against bots. Maybe we wanted to insult them? We could not even talk/write to him. He banned us immediately. Reason: "Insult". Which I personally think is the biggest joke ever.

After he banned us and satisfied himself by abusing his admin powers to feel strong he left the server again.

What I expect from you if you even claim to be a bit of a respectable and professional clan is:
1. Immediately remove the bans and apologize!
2. Take away NL's admin powers because of abuse (at least give him a warning)!
3. Do not ever give away admin rights to underage children in puberty!

By reading all the theories of NL about the numbers I see that he really must be some insider neo nazi or he just has a great imagination. I took a screenshot of all the posts of you. Because when it gets about the nazi accusation it could really fast end up as character assassination, which is a criminal act in nearly all European countries.

As far as I read in the posts above you guys are quite proud of yourself. Thinking you are masters of the community. Well, I have been around in online gaming for quite a few years and I have never seen a community worse, more impolite and more offensive than HD2's. It's people like NL, mostly underage kids who destroyed this community and still keep destroying the very last bits of it with their intolerance and self righteous behaviour.

Greetings

PS: I took screenshots even from this post in case of it gets deleted, because you might not be able do handle and discuss an extensive topic such as this one.

The topic has been locked.
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic "Admin Abuse" - Rainbow

Rainbow wrote: Hello.

Hi.

Rainbow wrote: Admin NL joined when we were in the middle of a mission. He did not even say hello or anything. He spawned in and the first thing he did was to complain about us. He said (as shown on the screenshot) "change your names". We asked him why to do so. He was not able to give us an answer. He just said "I don't like your names".

If you actually read NL's post here , you will see that he clearly gives a reason why he asked you to change your names. He claims that those names, with or without the numbers, are Nazi references (for those who keeping track at home, they translate to "Jew Hunter" and "Our Fuhrer").

Rainbow wrote: I don't know about you guys, but I live / want to live in a free, open minded and tolerant society.

A "free, open minded and tolerant society" as you call it doesn't necessarily mean you can say whatever you want. I don't know or care where you live, but where I'm from, the very first part of our Charter of Rights and Freedoms says that one may be deprived of their rights under the charter if it is felt that allowing them those rights would have negative impacts on the rest of society. In this case, your right to free speech is allowed to be taken away as it is being used offensively toward certain groups/individuals. (For example, the term "Jew Hunter" is not only directed at the Jewish faith, but can also be considered as a targeted threat which is basically a hate crime.)

If you want to read the charter I am referencing for yourself, it is right here .

Rainbow wrote: It's people like NL, mostly underage kids who destroyed this community and still keep destroying the very last bits of it with their intolerance and self righteous behavior.

I can see that you clearly know a lot about =RpR= and NL. To be honest, NL is probably one of the most mature people on this forum. Apart from him being about 70 years older than me (just an estimate), he always backs up his claims with evidence, he supports his opinions and he hasn't (to my knowledge) ever kept a ban that has been proven to be unfair or untrue.

And if you are really as mature as you say, you would have just changed your names like he asked. They were clearly offensive to him and probably to many other people. In these cases the more mature thing to do is to respect other people's wishes instead of being stubborn and demanding an "open minded and tolerant society".

Of course, these are just my opinions, and for further elaboration we will have to wait for the admins to reply to your claim.

I must say, though, you did not really make a good case for removing your ban by calling =RpR= a clan of self righteous children. I mean, if you were going to court for a parking violation, would you walk in and call the judge a pubescent teen?

Oh, and one more thing. NL, the changes you are experiencing are perfectly natural. Everybody goes through puberty, some later than others :sarcy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL, Feldmarshal
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #3 by Rainbow
Replied by Rainbow on topic "Admin Abuse" - Rainbow
I normally don't reply on posts from some random guys, who are not even part of the discussion, in this case neither admin nor clan member. Anyway I am bored, so here we go...

jacobston wrote: I must say, though, you did not really make a good case for removing your ban by calling =RpR= a clan of self righteous children. I mean, if you were going to court for a parking violation, would you walk in and call the judge a pubescent teen?

Like I said, if this clan has any profesionality and fairness they will remove the ban and apologize for their intolerance and their rabble-rousing propaganda. The mistake is clearly made by NL, so there is no reason for me to carefully ask for an unban. If they don't unban me it's ok. I don't expect they will, I never did. I live at two different places anyway, so I can still join the server whenever I want to. Even if that IP gets banned (which won't happen, because I won't tell you) I just use my proxy server. No problem at all. I just wanted to get things straight here and let other people (as far as there are people reading in such unimportant forums of such unimportant games like HD2) know about the truth.

So this is basically not about winning or losing / getting banned or unbanned... if you know what I mean.
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic "Admin Abuse" - Rainbow
We are professional, fair and cool 8)

You're not getting unbanned. Admin abuse is when the admin insults you then he kicks you or
bans you from the servers.

We will keep banning you from our unimportant community and our unimportant game servers.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, Feldmarshal
9 years 3 months ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic "Admin Abuse" - Rainbow
Wow Jacobston, I could not have worded that any better, thank you. :gj:

@Rainbow

Just to make it clear to all I am 45 years old but still young in spirit :) Maybe you see it as abuse of admin powers but I regularly check the servers without playing. When I see a player known of bad behaviour, or someone who was banned but using a dynamic IP or, like in your case, with abusive names I will join the server to check things out.

As Jacobston rightly said, I did explain why I had trouble with your names. You can tell me all day those names are not nazi references but like you, I've been around for a while and maybe you don't realize your names really aren't that original or 'cryptic'. Even if you did not to intend to make those references because you were 'naiv' you are aware now and logic would dictate that you would not want to be associated with neo-nazis and change your names...

Apart from the fact that insulting me started more or less right away instead of trying to seriously explain stuff for me your explanations about your names were ridiculous. First 88 was a clan tag, than it was a birth year. Juden Jäger tried to explain to me his name meant Jewish Hunter and not Jew Hunter but with what I know about the German language that would be something like Jüdische Jäger, subtle difference I'd say. Unser Fuhrer does not leave much to the imagination does it?

RpR are of course not masters of this community, just our own...as you can see in the link Jacobston provided I even asked RpR members if they agreed with my decision and the consensus seems to be 'yes' and you can see we are quite "able to handle and discuss an extensive topic such as this one."

You don't have to agree with our rules, regulations and morals, simply play on a different server. BTW, you can change IP all you want to but if I see your name I will still ban you, if necessary again and again and again. Several players have experienced my 'resolve' in matters like this. Only way to avoid this is to use a name that is not insulting to anyone or has Nazi references in it, which was my goal to begin with.

Have a nice day.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, jacobston
  • Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)