× For each unban request, create a new topic. Also add your in-game nickname in topic title please

Map limits

7 years 4 months ago #7 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Map limits

I have the same opinion as NL. We could also talk about the MG42 in Normandy 2 (the one where two enemy soldiers spawn in our back). This is not the same as breaking the game limits, as NL explains it.

I think we have to be reasonable about this topic, to compare like with like and to avoid to be in bad faith. I don't remember that any =RpR= admin banned a player for "glitching" by using such tricks as those here about MGs, but breaking real game limits cannot be accepted.
:mm1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66, NL, Goblin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #8 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Map limits
If you do go behind the end of the map and find BK, punch him in the face and
tell him that he's a slacker :rofl:

There were some bugs on Czech 6 modded versions where the enemies would
get stuck behind the invisible wall. BK used to go there and kill them to complete
the objective :D Maybe he couldn't get out the last time :)

"Straight and narrow is the path."

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #9 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Map limits

NL wrote: It's the same with some roofs you can climb on using the "climb" button.

Jo in the real life you can climb a roof, ok, so if you climb a roof just with the "climb" button it shouldn't be a glitch. The problem is when you are on that roof and you can kill enemies on the ground, but they can't hit you (it happens also in Africa Airport when you lie down in the stairs on the trenches, or behind sand dunes) well, in that moment you become a rockglitcher.

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

7 years 4 months ago #10 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Map limits

Rs_Funzo wrote:

NL wrote: It's the same with some roofs you can climb on using the "climb" button.

Jo in the real life you can climb a roof, ok, so if you climb a roof just with the "climb" button it shouldn't be a glitch. The problem is when you are on that roof and you can kill enemies on the ground, but they can't hit you (it happens also in Africa Airport when you lie down in the stairs on the trenches, or behind sand dunes) well, in that moment you become a rockglitcher.

I agree. Same with the balcony on normandy 2. Still, "abusing" these locations may be an accident for players who don't know about this. The difference is everybody knows it when they cross the map limits.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

7 years 4 months ago #11 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Map limits

NL wrote: The difference is everybody knows it when they cross the map limits.

100% agree with you, mate. In my opinion ppl that cross the map limits could be directly kicked, without warning first :gj:

-VIS ET HONOR-

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #12 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic Map limits
I remember way back in the day when Illusion Softworks were making patches before Sabre Squadron came out.
It was possible to run a car into a wall, say in Czech 4....the car would eventually start to crawl up the wall a little and
you'd be able to exit the car, leaving it nearly vertical with the wall, then climb on top of the car to reach the roof tops.
This brief but exciting time was killed off when patch 1.6 or so came out. Some of the bloodiest, most exciting occupation
moments were in Cz4/5. Every once in a while you'd have players that would glitch with respect. No shooting behind walls and
whatever glitch you did it had to be believable. The real question is what is truly a believable glitch? To name one I'd say getting on
top of the church in Cz4 is pretty believable considering all you have to do is squeeze through that window and drop on the roof.
However, laying down and wiggling a little until you start floating up through walls might be a little shady. lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)