Allowed or not...?

9 years 11 months ago #13 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Allowed or not...?

Stern wrote: Some may consider it cheat, others dont...
But cheat to get all of the objectives completed like in Brest again, when enemy body fells on the dynamite placement on the submarine, then one option is to glitch the rope fence around the dock, walk on water to the sub, go under the dyna place and palce it. Is this cheating? :)

I never experienced not being able to place the tnt. In all cases I was able to "go prone inside the body" and place the tnt,but it can be frustrating. It is not really cheating I guess because you just try to complete an objective that would otherwise be impossible to finish. It's not the same as taking a shortcut to change the map in its basics.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #14 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Allowed or not...?
I had the case once with the dead mechanic, his body lying right on the rear TNT spot on the sub, dock #4, and it's really frustrating, moreover when you killed all enemies before going to place the TNT. That's why i always try to kill the enemy on this sub in a silent way, shooting them from dock #3, while they are non alerted and at their normal place, near the sub turret.

9 years 10 months ago #15 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Allowed or not...?
What about in Africa 2? The mines on the edges of the map do not effect vehicles the way they do in single player. The trucks and jeeps can drive on them without harm, but if somebody decides to get out and walk there they are blown up. Are people allowed to drive on the mines to get a better view of the enemies, or go around them altogether?

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #16 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Allowed or not...?
I dont think its cheating, its using the flaws in system to gain advantage.
There should be tank mines and infantry mines together.
There is usually one player who drives ahead and trys to kill many enemys and stuff like that,
the point scoring system is one thing that makes players cheat to get better score, i think the scoring can be taken out from the host side by some "trainer" kind of program that holds the score on zero:
My experiment: adress 01931ACC records points(kills) and from that the rank will go up, i changed it to number 29 and killed one enemy and the rank got up, then changed it again 39 and after one kill, next rank...
Adresses 01931AC4 and 01931AD8 recorded points to view them on score table. But the adresses change during connect/disconnect so its hard to manage it.

*I trolled some players on my server like that, i added some extra hundred pints...:)

The one who hesitates is lost !

9 years 10 months ago #17 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Allowed or not...?
I remember trying that on Africa 2, but as soon as I got out of the jeep
and walked a few feet, kabooom :lol:

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #18 by norbert79
Replied by norbert79 on topic Allowed or not...?
Hey lads!

Question: Is it allowed for RPR members on firing upon teammates on regular servers (Coop) just because they don't feel like others should follow their leads only? Server: Server online - DE - 79.143.187.92:11009 - Africa2(Rommels_Road) - Cooperative - 0 / 12 Users online Date: 14:40 13th of November, 2014.

At start I was alone, server has already started, Panzer III-s distancing, wanted to catch them. Grabbed one jeep, =RpR iBeLKa was joining, wanted to pick him up. He stands still, tells me, that he drives. As I didn't really trust his capabilities and I hate losing time I decided to leave him behind as he was equipped well and had one more jeep and a truck to choose from. Instead of just carrying along he started firing shots at me and hit my jeep, luckily not me.

See screenshot as evidence.

So as I am pissed off pretty well may I ask, if this is allowed? Are RPR members allowed firing on own teammates to prove a point?

Regards:
Norbert

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)