QTracker

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1 by norbert79
QTracker was created by norbert79
Hello guys!

So, yeah, I disappeared, yes, and I hope you all do fine. :-) I am mostly playing Minecraft recently, but there has been a link which I came across with, which could allow replacing the old Gamespy server with an alternate Master server. This page is called QTracker .
It offers both a software based method as well plain 'hosts' based solution. I have searched the forum and I haven't see this being talked about.

For Hidden and Dangerous 2 please see this page: http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy-hostfile.php

I hope this might help to boost the HD2 community a bit... :-)

Regards
norbert79

Regards:
Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66, Maletzki, Max.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #2 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic QTracker
Hi mate,
great to hear from you :mm1:

I've edited our server's hosts file and the one on my notebook. But clicking on update list has no effect.. :confused:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 7 months ago #3 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic QTracker
Doesn't work for me. Restarted PC also.

If those addresses don't supply any data, of course it's not going to work.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #4 by norbert79
Replied by norbert79 on topic QTracker
Ok, to be honest i didn't do any testing yet. I wonder if the defined server still provides masterserver data, I will need to get into this a bit further.
:cooking:

Update 1: Well, server is existing, replies to ICMP ECHO, I need to do an in-depth search later on.

Regards:
Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max.

9 years 6 months ago #5 by norbert79
Replied by norbert79 on topic QTracker
Alright, so the problem was simple:
When you place your hosts file into c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\, it's not enough yet, as you must also flush your DNS cache and NBT settings too by doing:
ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R

To check if the settings are correct do:
ipconfig /displaydns

And why you can't see any HD2 server online? Easy: None of the hosting servers use this hosts file to report towards that Server as master server... So nothing is listed. All hosting servers shall have this hosts file to work as expected.

Regards:
Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #6 by hdmaster
Replied by hdmaster on topic QTracker
Hi,

the RpR servers are already correctly listed on QTracker, see here: QTracker server list . IMHO the problem seems to be a incorrectly encrypted response from QTracker. Seems a bit strange cause there's a post in their forums claiming it should work with H&D2. Maybe they changed some parts of the encryption code.

Anyway, for the time being I have a work around. I've uploaded a python script to my VPS that emulates a simple master server using the server list provided by QTracker.

Just edit your hosts file (clients only! root servers still need to use the QTracker IPs):

213.165.90.5    hd2.ms14.gamespy.com

EDIT: The script pulls the latest server list every 5 minutes from QTracker
The following user(s) said Thank You: betteryouthanme, snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)