Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues

9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Blackakres78
Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues was created by Blackakres78
I have been having some problems with the Cz4 Hart's War map.
Has anyone actually achieved all objectives?
The in-game map seems to suggest that you need to find a parachute dropped beacon in the main house on the North side of the Village but it never comes. the map does not indicate where the assembly zone is either when the objectives have been accomplished either. Maybe this map should be switched out for a better scripted Cz4 map on the Justice server?
I had a blast playing a pretty complicated mod of this map a few weeks ago on one of the servers....it wasn't the Trapped in Czech maps or The Village map.....some other newer one.....anyone know which one I am speaking of?

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues
I remember there were no problems the last time I played the map. It has lots of things you
have to do in a particular order and also have a good timing. I will try the map when I have
time and let you know if it has problem.

Was it Cz4 Ambush you played?

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues
Ambush may have been the one.
Is there a particular order that Hart's War must be done objectively?
Who made that map?

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues
Joel made the map. I'd have to play it again. I forgot the objectives.
He also made the Ambush map. and Libya 1 Day.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues

Blackakres78 wrote: I have been having some problems with the Cz4 Hart's War map.
Has anyone actually achieved all objectives?
The in-game map seems to suggest that you need to find a parachute dropped beacon in the main house on the North side of the Village but it never comes. the map does not indicate where the assembly zone is either when the objectives have been accomplished either. Maybe this map should be switched out for a better scripted Cz4 map on the Justice server?
I had a blast playing a pretty complicated mod of this map a few weeks ago on one of the servers....it wasn't the Trapped in Czech maps or The Village map.....some other newer one.....anyone know which one I am speaking of?

Cheers!

IIRC Hart's war is the one where you have to excort Freiberg to the villa in the North right?

From memory:

so objectives go as follows:
-collect freiberg (misnamed as Schumann) in the farm South east of the map, he will follow the last soldier (up to you if you clear a path to the villa first)
-once freiberg is in the villa a POW will go to him and that objective is met
-now you regroup with all soldiers in the NW corner of the villa square, where a crate with key is and marked as Extraction zone
-after that you wait until a group of allied soldiers come in jeeps, do not leave the area of the villa (reinforcements objective)
-after that the beacon and supplies are dropped from the air, beacon outside in front of villa.
-take beacon and place it at its designated spot
-if you go back to the villa there is a radio in a room that you use to get air support
-after radio message a german tank will come along the south road (fighting with a sherman tank) and tries to leave the village, you must destroy the tank.
-after that you must avoid any other soldiers leaving the village/ kill several snipers on the roofs and a second tank is riding around the village, starting from the east.
-if all objeectives are met you regroup / assemble at the SE corner of the map, where the road leaves town. 2 jeeps will come that will drive you out of town, maybe that last part is in another mission.

I don't think there are scripting issues with this map, only thing really unclear is the order of objectives and assembly point at the end.
Problem is usually other players who don't know the mission and waste your time or don't help. The hardest part of this mission is to stop the first tank trying to leave town.
I put some info in the map, if I see some things are not right I will change the map:

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Cz4-Hart's War...scripting issues
I had same problem last time i played it and this was the first time i played it :) i dont know how this mission got skipped until now. :upset:

I played it now and it was quite logical actualy.
Need to be fast with killing that tiger tank.

The one who hesitates is lost !

• 43 birthday is today (57)