10 years ago

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by mcnab
10 years ago was created by mcnab
anyone recognize any of these names lol
https://youtu.be/_FpVpf35eQY

ps how do you insert videos/pictures ha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serkses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #2 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic 10 years ago
Sadly no... :( and i see that good times for this game are long gone... I guess i started to play online in 2011 and it's far from 2005 :) but i remember one player from early days, it was Marius from Romania... now he doesnt play wery often... i remember one burma mission?with the bunker inside hill...marius run out of ammo and then i crawled long way to bring ammo , risky business :gj:

The one who hesitates is lost !

8 years 7 months ago #3 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic 10 years ago
Lol, i didn't have any internet, 10 years ago :mm1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by NL
Replied by NL on topic 10 years ago

mcnab wrote: anyone recognize any of these names lol
https://youtu.be/_FpVpf35eQY

ps how do you insert videos/pictures ha

Actually I think I do remember a few 8) I play the game since early release (I got it as promotional copy and wrote a game review) but only got online with MP around 2005 - with a 56k6 modem lol but soon after had broadband. Some of the names I think I remember may have been from later than 2005. Nikita remember I was talking the other day about a movie project by a clan I acted in, I think the clan was maybe SpelTV now I see that tag again. Such a pity the project was never finished.

Edit: Actually playing HD2 with the 56k6 is probably bullshit lol, I think I already had broadband before that, ah well, sometimes you gotta create your own myths ;)
I know I still had a dial in connection in 2000 / 2001 but soon after probably broadband, I don't remember exactly.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 7 months ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic 10 years ago

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic 10 years ago
It's nice to see how many players there were years ago. I played HD2 for the 1st time in summer 2006 on my brother's (Rs_zero, for those didn't know it...even if someone knows him lol) "Compaq Presario 2800", but only in single mission mode (me vs pc) because I didn't have internet. I got internet in 2008 (just 0,64 mb lol, so in fact it was very slow) and I bought my pc (HP Pavilion), even in 2008. In March 2010 I had to send my pc to assistance because of some problems, so I used the old Presario: I noticed that there was HD2 and I tried play online. So, if my Presario didn't have problem, Rs_Funzo would have never existed ahah :lol:
However, I was pretty good in single mission so I thought to be good in Occupation or Deathmatch but I was a real noob :lol:
I liked so much to play online, so in summer 2010 I decided to buy used discs (I searched for new ones but it was impossible to find it) on internet and I installed HD2 in my Pavilion.
Because of my slow line (as I said, just 0,64 mb) my ping was 70-80 and I had a lot of spawnbugs. In May 2012 I changed provider (wireless provider) and I got 2 mb. It's not very fast but even better than 0,64 mb. Ping was better (30-40) but I still have spawnbugs sometimes. Few months later, HD2 servers crashed and we had less and less players. Sometimes I'd like to know how would have been my skills with a good connection.
Ok you know my story, no one cares about it but watching this video I remember old good times (even if I lost best times - 2005, 2006, 2007) and I wanted to share it with you :)

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)