HD2 FAQ

8 years 5 months ago #1 by betteryouthanme
HD2 FAQ was created by betteryouthanme
There was the idea of a FAQ page lately on our web. Don't remember who suggested it but i think it's a good idea.
Now here is an example how it could look like .

All we need now is some questions. Hope you can come up with some, in best case with answers too. ;)

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #2 by NL
Replied by NL on topic HD2 FAQ
It was Nik's idea.
I will try to come up with some stuff.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 5 months ago #3 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic HD2 FAQ

Well, i guess that Juanmas's problem with screen size could be the first on this FAQ forum. Several players had similar problems in the past and all he answers can be collected here. :mm1:

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic HD2 FAQ
Q: Server appears greyed out and i can't join
A: Two options..
(i) You are running a different version of HD2 then the server's host. Make sure you always have the latest version running (download v1.12 here)
(ii) You have not installed the HD2 Add-On Sabre Squadron, therefore you cannot join any co-operative gamestyle server.

Some more not formulated yet
  • CD Key not valid message
  • In-game map blocks spectator view
  • Joining server and thrown back to main menu
  • Running game with Windows 10
  • Others can't see my server
  • No servers shown
  • black bars on left and right side of screen though fullscreen in setup is ticked

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by NL
Most used server commands.
Make sure you know our rules as player and admin before you use these commands! Abuse can result in a ban or loss of admin status.
=RpR= server rules for players and admins

Y – chat interface, only team members can read you (for OCC and OBJ)
T – chat interface, all players in the server can read you.
Be aware that the living can't talk to the dead and vice versa, they can't read each others messages.

To use server commands you must first open the 'console' by using the Tilde (~) key →
after each command you use the ENTER key.

For players:

-listplayers – this will list all players in the server, each having his own numer.
-vote kickplayer X (x is the number you see in the playerlist) ONLY USE THIS COMMAND WHEN A PLAYER IS AFK AND BLOCKING A MISSION OR IS TEAM KILLING WITHOUT AN ADMIN PRESENT, ABUSE CAN RESULT IN A BAN
-vote restart – this will restart a mission (for example when a mission is bugged)
-vote nextmap – this will load the next map (only use when all players agree)
-voteyes – when somebody starts a vote you can use this command to vote yes, if you don't agree do nothing. A vote will only be accepted by the server if it gets a majority voting 'yes'.
-listobjectives – this will list all objectives in the current map

For admins: (svcmd stands for server command)

-adminlogin password -this way you can login as admin. Always make sure you are in the console and not type this in chat (Y or T), if you make a screenshot make sure you blur out the password. If you make a mistake with this let us know so we can change the password.
-svcmd asay – everything you type after this is visible for all players and will be said as an Admin.

-listplayers – same as player command
-svcmd kickplayer X – kicks player from server (be sure to warn first and explain the rules)
-svcmd restart – restarts map without vote (only use if all players agree)
-svcmd nextmap – loads the next map (only use if all players agree)
-svcmd cooplives X – sets number of respawns (only use as exception or if another admin forgot to restore default settings).

Other commands are usually not needed. If you type 'HELP' in the console you get a list of all available commands:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo, Feldmarshal

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #6 by NL
Below may need reviewing because I am not sure my reasoning is right or complete. It would be good if the procedure is also described for 32 bit and windows 8 and even 10.

CD Key not valid message

This usually happens on 2 occasions:

-if you rejoin a server too fast after leaving. The server did not clear your last session yet so thinks your CD key is already in use. Wait a short while and try again.

-Many players use a key generator when installing the game, there is always a chance you have generated the same key as another player. The solution would be to generate a new key and put in your windows registry. Be very careful when working with your registry, this is the core of your windows OS and mistakes can cause serious problems.

In windows 7 64 bit: (location of key may differ in different OS's and or bit versions)
go to START and use search or RUN command, type in REGEDIT.
In your registry go to: H_Key LOCAL MACHINE - SOFTWARE - Wow6432Node - Illusion Softworks - Hidden and Dangerous 2 and on the right side you will find the value 'key'. Right click on 'key' and use 'modify', enter your new key. A better way would be to rename the key to key_old. Now create a new "string value", name it 'key'. Again right click and modify, enter your new key.

Alternatively you can use a 'key changer program' that you can find here. This program will automatically perform the procedure described above. Be sure to read the 'read me' file.

• 43 birthday is today (57)