Movies of our city

8 years 2 months ago #1 by Juanma66
Movies of our city was created by Juanma66
I wanted to open this new post, so that members know the city where we live,,,, who live in a major city can put the neighborhood where you live.

Here is my city,,, I feel that the subtitles are in Spanish.
I translate below the video a little Talking video

Puerto Real is a city whose history, cultural and industrial heritage and its natural environment deserve that visitors do so wide awake senses. Nestled in the Bay of Cadiz Natural Park district contains many natural sites worthy of mention. We begin with the Trocadero Island, a nature reserve in which history and nature come together. On the one hand, we can enjoy a landscape of marsh where many species of migratory bird calling at their transits and, second, relive some of the turbulent history of Spain in the early nineteenth century. This island was a strategic point in sieges and raids on the city of Cadiz that took place in those years, even giving rise to the name of a decisive battle, the Battle of Trocadero. Near the city we can also walk through a unique space as is the Parque de las Canteras, considered the only reserve chameleons in Europe and green lung of Andalusia, where in the past stone extracted to erect monuments like the Cathedral of Seville the Lighthouse None. We can not forget the beaches that have the privilege to see the Bay and enjoy its waters.
The urban area of ​​Puerto Real also holds treasures worth discovering. If we mingle and breathe puertorrealeña idiosyncrasy, a good place for it can be a walk through the old town. There you can stroll down alleyways as colorful as the Callejon del Arco, dive into the bustling food market or visit some monuments as the Church of San José and the Church of San Sebastian.
Finally, we must not forget the economic history of Puerto Real that has left its mark of identity better known nationally and internationally, its shipyards. It was in this city where the first modern shipyard built our country and since then the naval activity has been a key to economic and social development engine. The Matagorda Factory, located in the current shipyard Navantia, is the dam footprint that first opened in 1878 and now in disuse. In an area of ​​about 60,000 square you can visit the complex of the former factory buildings which have been converted, in some cases, for museum use. The Dock Museum is the most prominent of them all where you can see a very extensive heritage recounting in detail the naval history of Puerto Real.
At the southern end to the ruins of Fort St. Louis, built in the early VXIII century.
Its walls were scenes of great battles, such as the attack of Napoleon during the War of Independence or the Battle of Trocadero, where Paris is named in one of its famous squares and gardens.

not fear the enemy that attacks you,
be afraid of the false friend that hugs you
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Rs_Funzo, Damni, Serkses, Maki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Movies of our city

Za city in Transylvania with a casle and rich past in steel producing industry :P
I found this on my friend's channel, made with his drone.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Juanma66, Damni, NL

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Movies of our city

Le ze harbour of the first fishing port in France and its neighborhood, with, somewhere, the ghosts of some black fishes ...

Also, this one, showing more the neighborhood ...

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66, Damni

8 years 2 months ago #4 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Movies of our city

snowman wrote:

Za city in Transylvania with a casle and rich past in steel producing industry :P
I found this on my friend's channel, made with his drone.

Awesome video! :gj:

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

8 years 2 months ago #5 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Movies of our city
OK I just watched Juan and Nik's videos. Thanks for sharing these beautiful places.

Love this thread btw, great idea Juan!! (hopefully more people will post here)

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Juanma66

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #6 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Movies of our city
From about 0"40 you see the small village (oud velsen) I was born in and grew up in. When the camera turns away again nothing really happens anymore. Hard to find any other films.

The town IJmuiden is nearby and is where I went to school and first lived when I moved out: (you see more the coastal and harbour part and less "downtown".

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Rs_Funzo, Juanma66

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)