[MTB] servers - requests, questions e.t.c.

2 months 1 week ago #61 by ThomasTailor93
Preparing to move to Windows Server 2003 R2 - let's see how it works after it!

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #62 by ThomasTailor93
I'm a bit.. well, let's say angry. After Windows XP wasn't a good option, Windows Server 2003 failed also. Moved back to Windows Server 2008 R2.

Preparing Windows Updates, moving all stuff on the server, disable IPv6 and start everything.

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL

2 weeks 4 hours ago #63 by ThomasTailor93
Hi guys,

don't what what's wrong at the moment with Windows. Have to reinstall it again, because after deactivating IPv6 everything is freezing after 2 days of running. Also connection via Remote Desktop is not working anymore. After a restart and logging in into the VM (via Proxmox) it's possible to connect again. Maybe there's a problem with the IP itself, or I did something wrong with deactivating IPv6.

I'll reinstall the server competly with a new IP and a new MAC. Then I will install ALL Windows updates and THEN I will deactivate IPv6. The shittiest thing is I have to pay 0,60 EUR for calling Microsoft to let them activate the license.

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

1 week 6 days ago #64 by ThomasTailor93
Hi guys,

it seems that now everything is working fine (for now). I changed a bit of the settings, running it now on a new IP 54.36.234.205.

Server should be ready in the next 30 minutes, have to download the backup files.

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman