RPR server revamp

7 years 5 months ago #1 by snakeplissken
RPR server revamp was created by snakeplissken
Today i was in a good mood when came online. Luckily i found some players online as well on Justice server. The map - Escape from hell Burgundy which is probably the most pathetic map. Anyway, i decided to keep on with it just to enjoy. I saw other players having difficulty and getting killed (you know how this map is at the start). Anyway, things only got worse and even after spending 30 min on the map with little progress. I suggested change of map but other player not interested. So i left.

I was thinking why Justice server has these bad maps in the list. Can't we have a server dedicated just for "good" maps only? We can decide on which are the best multiplayer maps and dedicate a server only for that. So that we don't have to get stuck on bad maps randomly.

My idea of RPR servers

1. Original campaign (original maps only)
2. Best Maps (only best and most stable maps - maybe six to eight maps)
3. Justice server (all maps)
4. TLC (private teamplay)

I personally don't see much of a logic for Original campaign server.

Share your opinions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic RPR server revamp
The Original server has the standard H&D2 maps almost as they
were in Single player.

Realism is a server for those who want to play the game in a realistic
fashion without 3rd person, cross-hair and one life only.

Justice should be a server with configs made from player requests.
Nobody makes any requests and sometimes players like you find a
certain map not very entertaining, especially with a non-coordinated
group.

I don't find a reason to create a Best Maps server.

Thank you for the idea.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

7 years 5 months ago #3 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic RPR server revamp

snowman wrote:
Justice should be a server with configs made from player requests.

Can we remove some maps from list of Justice server? Maps which most people are not interested in. We can discuss about it. Escape from hell is among the bad maps list in my view.

7 years 5 months ago #4 by NL
Replied by NL on topic RPR server revamp
Snake, simply make a list of what you consider good and bad maps and we'll see what we can do, maybe we can make an extra "plissken config".

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic RPR server revamp
Thanks. Don't name a server after me. Why not after Nikita?

Anyway. I will give some thought and more insight on why a separate map server is needed.

For starter. Some maps are inherently bad. By bad i mean, they are not optimized even when playing with good coop team members. For eg. Escape from Hell. You spawn with no weapons other than knife and eventually have to kill enemy to get to weapon crates. Even after you get to weapon crates and attain all weapons. Its still a problem. Because if you die again, (which you most likely will because of enemy Tanks and snipers all around) you spawn again with no weapons. Then you again make a run to the crate location to rearm. This is plain stupid. Die copuple of times and it gets pretty frustrating specially if other team members are noobs.

Now on broader point. Some maps are good but are enjoyable and playable only with good expert coop team members. For eg Tiger Tomb and Rommels Road. When you have noob or average team members. They will most likely get you killed and ruin everything.

For eg. One day i was playing Tiger Tomb. Noobs acquired allied tanks and got themselves killed. So this mission is almost impossible without using allied tanks. On top of that Noob team members also not interested in restart or next map. They were wasting themselves and spoiled my time also.

All maps in H&D are different and require different tactics. Custom modded maps require considerably more skills and better tactics.

My idea for Best maps server is this. Maps that are enjoyable, simple, doable, playable even when other team members are not best skilled. For eg Burgundy original, Farmstead, Libya 2, Libya 3, Sicily Original 1 & 2, Sicily Boom etc.

I will elaborate further soon.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #6 by NL
Replied by NL on topic RPR server revamp
I didn't offer to name a server after you, just maybe a config (map list) that you suggested, only admins would see the name in server manager.
For a server to get your name you must be a =RpR= member and...dead, unfortunately. (Like Justice server and our Otto memorial server)

Any way, you have to realize that you are playing on open servers, you will almost NEVER find a group of players that will cooperate together. It can happen but it is rare. So making a list suitable for team coop is largely a fantasy, for this we have passworded TLC sessions.

Although I agree that Escape from Hell sucks, it still comes down to taste, some players may like it and like the fact it is so different from other maps. We try to cater to everyone's needs and wishes, sometimes you will have to sit a map out until the next or take a break, that's just the way it is.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, josua

• 43 birthday is in 2 days (57)