Smoke grenades

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1 by Nikita
Smoke grenades was created by Nikita
I was randomly wondering if smoke grenades were used during WW2. So, browsing the web, i found some informations about the US M15 smoke WP grenade which seems to be the only model used during that conflict and were replaced during the late 50's by the M34 grenade .

M15 smoke WP

Total length : 136mm
Length body : 114mm
Diameter : 64mm
Weight : 880gram
Filling : 425gram White Phosphor
Fuse : M6A3 detonating fuze with 4½-second delay
Range and effects : ~ 25 yards; Incendiary effects of burning white phosphore for about 30 seconds; releasing of dense white smoke cloud.
Units produced : 5.828.739 (July 1943 - December 1945)

So, here's the question for people here who master this kind of art : Could it could be possible to make one usable ingame, perhaps by modding the Japanese grenade, adding a delay and making some fire and smoke when exploding ? Perhaps it could be possible to re-use existing fires and smokes in the game?
:mm1:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #2 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic Smoke grenades
Excellent idea Nik but you forgot about something... However balanced this smoke grenade could be it is CHEATING :grumpy: If I could I'd add a damn zeppelin already :beat: Adding new weapons or equipment needs Tables and people are prejudiced Tables are the source of devilish evil but in reality they serve as something great for modding and making this game even greater.
Cheaters found these tables usable for cheating but that doesn't mean it's for cheating purposes only
:cooking:
Tables can be distributed imo to everybody if they are not activated for cheating. Tables can be also unpacked by anyone. New weapons and equipment can be balanced in stats not really making them OP and 99999999999 damage :leave:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #3 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Smoke grenades
Well, don't know, i never paid attention to that tables stuff, i don't even know how it works and i don't want to know it, in my mind it was just about changing a bit that Japanese piece of sh*t about its look and its effects, not recreating a USS Enterprise ingame :mm3: :D

Edit : Also, note it's about a real WW2 weapon that could have been part of the SAS gear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

5 years 11 months ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Smoke grenades
I'm only worried it would have the same effect as the grass in game :(

"Straight and narrow is the path."

5 years 11 months ago #5 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Smoke grenades

You mean, you can't see anything but the enemy still can, that's ?

5 years 11 months ago #6 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Smoke grenades
Yes.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)