Halloween!

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1 by jacobston
Halloween! was created by jacobston
This Friday is Halloween! :party:

For me, this basically means an excuse to wear my hat collection outside the house...
And get sick on M&Ms :mm1: :mm2: :mm3:
I know some countries celebrate it, while others don't yet. Is Halloween recognized where you are?

It is also a time for telling Ghost Stories, so feel free to share any of your your own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Halloween!
I don't celebrate it. Over here, Halloween is for some people
means to party, but that's it. That's what happens when you
import something you don't understand, just because everyone
else seems to do it.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Halloween!
I understand that. Around here, Halloween is really big. Lots of children dressing up and trick-or treating, a lot of parties, and a lot of teenagers going around smashing pumpkins and vandalizing houses with toilet paper... good times. :666:
Warning: Spoiler!

But I did promise a ghost story, so here is one given to me by one of my teachers which I am assured is true.

Perhaps you have heard of a Ouija Board ?

This story takes place at a cemetery not far from where I live. At the top of the hill in the cemetery is the grave of 'Mary Rutherford'. Rumor has it, in the late 1800's she was to be married, but her husband-to-be never showed up at the chapel. She was so upset by this, the ran out of the chapel in a fit of hysteria and killed herself.

About 30 years ago, a few boys brought a Ouija board to the cemetery and sat next to her tomb stone. They began by asking a few questions. Believe it or not, they received answers and learned that they were communicating with a young boy (or an old girl with unresolved issues).

Before they could ask anything else, a truck pulled up on the road past the cemetery, and two large men jumped out, hollering profanities and threats at the boys. There was nobody else in the truck.

The boys looked to the Ouija Board and asked "Can you make them go away?"

The answer came, "yes."

The two men drew nearer and the boys asked again, "Can you make them go away now?"

The answer came, "yes."

Before the men drew any further, their truck, which had nobody in it (and the keys with one of the men) started up and began driving. The two men ran back to their truck, which was moving down the road without them. The terrified boys looked back down at their Ouija Board, said thank-you and a quick 'goodbye' before they packed up and left, after which they never touched a Ouija Board again.

If anybody else has any ghost stories to share, I'd love to hear them! :nod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, -B-K-, Serkses, Maki, Kure

9 years 5 months ago #4 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Halloween!
Over here no one used to celebrate Halloween until a few years back. Now people have started following this trend because of what they see on tv.
It's funny how most of us have completely forgotten our own traditional festivals (me included), but we think it's ok to import those from other countries. :confused:

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

• Lukasz birthday is in 6 days (41)