What's up at home today...?

6 years 7 months ago #1387 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

Some varieties of Impatiens are for outdoor and some other are for indoor. The mother of this one is living since two years indoor and it gives lot of flowers in spring and summer too. Actually, this plant is pretty fragile and its stems can break very easily. Someone who knows more than me about it told me that sterms sometimes take a strange shape and finish by breaking under its own weight, so it's suggested to reproduce it by using those sterms as cuttings, rather than to try to obtain a very large plant.
:nod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #1388 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
I think I finally have my system under control. Moved the pump power to a system fan header allowing me to put on 100% (12 volt) all the time.
It is nice to have lower temps BUT it is louder than my original air cooling setup because the pump is making a constant buzz, it is a low and constant sound so not too irritating but this is what I said before, people always think liquid cooling is the most quiet setup but this is not always the case. Bear in mind my case has no soundproofing so that would maybe make a difference. But like I said, with only air cooling it was near silent unless I was gaming.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni, Maki, jacobston, ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1389 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
I am learning a lot of stuff with this new system. I got my system even more quiet by putting it on a rubber mat, vibrations were also creating some noise (fans and HDD). I also lowered the fan speed graph in bios which also makes it quieter of course but comes at a price of higher idle temps. I was reading here and there that some had significant lower idle temps than me on the same CPU so I started investigating.

Some run their fans at 100% all the time but that makes a LOT of noise and is not acceptable for me but sure, that would lower temps obviously. While reading I found at that some motherboard manufacturers (like MSI (mine) and ASUS have too high cpu voltages in their auto settings. Fine if you want to overclock but I see no need for that atm so I lowered some voltages manually and that made a big difference. With the same low fan rpms my idle temp is now about 8 degrees lower at idle and under 100% load without the cpu running any slower. Also in gaming I see lower overall temps.

Just a little tip for those struggling with cpu temps, it may be worthwhile to investigate your mobo voltage settings in combo with your cpu.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston, ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #1390 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
The lonely marble village called Alun, is a small village about 30 km west from
Hunedoara city. There is a marble query over there. All of the houses were built
with marble foundation and the town's chuch is completely made of marble. For
many years, the village has just two families living. The rest of the houses are
empty. Most of them still look pretty good. The last one was build in 1960.

The actual translation of the village into English is: Hazelnut :)

Maybe we can all move there to populate it. The houses sell of a few thousand euros,
maybe around 5000 if I've heard correctly.

And this lovely video:

It's exactly 31 km from my home :D

Until Ghelari village, the road is pretty good. After it... well, the last part is made of marble :D

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Rs_Funzo, Damni, NL, NIB, Maki, jacobston, ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #1391 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
"Who dat? What dat?"

Got some roses, dug some holes, found a worm, called Bear
Grylls... he didn't show up, so I called the kitties for a snack :D

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Damni, NL, NIB, Maki

6 years 7 months ago #1392 by NIB
Replied by NIB on topic What's up at home today...?
Alun looks really lovely and for this price i would immediatly buy a house there, but where would i work? :confused:

Would be the perfect place to move to when i am retired though... only ~40 years to go :zzz:

• spartacus birthday is in 6 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 7 days (39)