GPU backplate design

8 months 2 weeks ago #1 by NL
As you know most GPU's have no nice looking backplate. More expensive models will have one and you can buy them separately but they are quite expensive and I think it's a perfect item for DIY.

As you can maybe see in the pic below I already have a plexiglass sheet on mine, I simply spray painted the underside black leaving a glossy finish on the top.

But I thought I could make it a little more interesting for the eye so I want to make a new one and not spray paint the underside but print something and glue it underneath. I like minimal design and black and white. White reflecting any color I would use with the led strip. I made the design below. What do you guys think? I know there are some creative guys on this forum so maybe you have some ideas too.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #2 by ShayoX
I can make one for you just tell me about the color you want it all black/white just like gpu yeah?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

8 months 2 weeks ago #3 by NL
yep, black and white. Some small color elements are possible I guess. I was thinking about doing the GTX 1070 in Nvidia green but like I said, colors will most likely just disappear when you use colors. Also, knowing you a little, don''t make it scream too much ;)
Thanks buddy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

8 months 2 weeks ago #4 by ShayoX

8 months 2 weeks ago #5 by NL
Yeah, something like that. I will have to figure out how it comes out my printer and maybe adjust sizes. Not gonna try too many times because it will use a lot of black ink... Will figure it out with just a black line before I start printing the final product. Maybe I can use word or something like that that has a ruler, I now only used paint.

8 months 2 weeks ago #6 by ShayoX
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL