dispute with H&D2 on GoG

6 years 4 months ago #1 by Sasha
dispute with H&D2 on GoG was created by Sasha
Hello folks

I would like to discuss the sale of our favorite game to GoG.com:

We had a dispute with Shay about whether it's worth buying H & D 2 on GoG ....

is there any guarantee that the game on the GoG is not a pirated copy? and whether they legally sell it (I understand that this is stupid), but I do not want to simply spend 9 dollars if I buy it ..

I sent an email to copyright owners (2k) the answer was that they do not have information whether the sale is legal, and what needs to be addressed in support of GoG.

I just want to close this issue because the game is in 2003, and really licensed copies are almost gone.

Thank you for attention
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2 by NL
Replied by NL on topic dispute with H&D2 on GoG
If I would have to guess I'd say GoG copies are legal. If not they would have to use a key generator for the license keys and soon buyers would run into "key already in use" messages if they go online. (yes I know GoG sells the game mostly as single player game, but I am sure some buyers would try to find out if they can still play online.)

Selling a pirated game would be a very stupid move by GoG because for a few dollars profit they would risk huge problems and fines. So I don't think they would risk it.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic dispute with H&D2 on GoG
As in the interest of GOG, they'll never sell a pirate copy of a game. When they do it ever, they ruin themselves. I also would prefer to contact directly 2k Czech on http://www.2kczech.com/ because they're holding the rights on Hidden & Dangerous 2 as successor of Illusion Softworks (as far as I know).

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)