need betatester

6 years 6 months ago #37 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic need betatester
I guess the enemies at the prison don’t react correctly because of the collision of the railing they stand behind. I noticed that on Poland maps also. Maybe they should only stand and be near the railing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polanski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #38 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic need betatester
Hello! I set the car without gas but I can not refill the deposit

I tell the girl to put the deposit back to 10 with

Car_SetFuel(COTXE1, 10);

but it does not work...

I have tried sending a signal to the car but neither.

any idea?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #39 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic need betatester

Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker wrote: About the car: with the right definition it sounds better. Why not ride with Salter and use the car later when she is “in safety” near the civilian. You could also set the fuel to 0 after she’s arrived to prevent players from using it.

I have read your message again and now I understand. My first idea for the mission is that you can get in the car with Salter or follow her on the bike. Afterwards, you can come back with the car if you want.

Now I wanted to put the car out of gas at the beginning, and Salter fills the tank when it arrives (as if he had the car keys). This would prevent the players from getting into the car ahead of time. But I can't empty and fill the tank again. I can empty the tank when Salter arrives at the site of the resistance and force the player to follow another resistance member on the map to the weapons depot. This may help a little, because the resistance member does not speak of any weapons deposit.

There is an aspect of the mission that does not convince me, because the player can move armed by the map without alarm to the soldiers? after entering the weapons depot, could trigger an alarm, but it is a mousetrap and will frustrate the player.

any suggestions?

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #40 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic need betatester
Hmm...re-fuel should work.
I used it in Blitz: (script: RndFuel.scr)

There the fuel is first set to "0" for all vehicles (except enemy tanks) and then randomly set back to "100" to have same vehicles that can be used...

The one who hesitates is lost !

6 years 6 months ago #41 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic need betatester
About entering the car before Salter does: A (not alarmed) enemy could sit in it and leave when Salter is near (or when she has boarded). I dunno if it’s possible that she and an enemy can be in the car at the same time, that would be perfect. Then she could wait a few sec to let player enter and start driving. After she arrived in the south of the map, fuel can be set to 0 if wanted.

In 1.4 the static enemies are a bit too static for my taste; they just stand and look in one direction as far as I watched it. If the soldiers look more at each other or in changing directions (HUMAN_TurnAt) they could capture more of their environment. Atm you can nade behind their backs and they don’t realize it. There could also be patrols, enemies walking from A to B and back like in Normandy2 Resistance. They better not walk through the barbwire and off the route of Salter’s driving.

If the Krupp is destroyed before the Trebissky objective is accomplished, at least the driver enters the destroyed Truck which is buggy. You could use teleport near checkpoint like in Czech6 or Li2 Tiger tomb where you have randomly 1 of 2 vehicles near the start, to let the vehicle appear later on the playable area of the map. Script name in Li2 Tiger tomb is co_Libye2_dr/AF2_09_10_11_speech.scr

To make the map playable on dedi servers, the line
EndScript();
must be removed and replaced by
goto END;
in all scripts of allied bots and enemies you talk to, or the game might crash when next map loads. There are some old threads about that here.

6 years 6 months ago #42 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic need betatester
And here are some animations for standing guards:

HUMAN_SetAnim("%%kopkamen1", 1000, 1000, 1);
HUMAN_SetAnim("%%nuda1", 1000, 1000, 1);
HUMAN_SetAnim("%%nuda", 1000, 1000, 1);
maybe switch between them randomly...with random no-animation time.

For patrols its good to let them stand some time before they turn bask, it can be random time, then player cannot learn the mission and the route could be between more then 2 points with random selection.
Go to A, select B or C, come back to A, select again from B or C.

Also this one gives random movements:
HUMAN_MoveRandomRadius(5);

The one who hesitates is lost !

• Lukasz birthday is today (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 7 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 8 days (39)