× For each unban request, create a new topic. Also add your in-game nickname in topic title please

BoosT discussion

8 years 8 months ago #25 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic BoosT discussion
Okay, let's stop posting and let's wait for Snow's declaration, i guess. :mm1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #26 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic BoosT discussion
1st thing: If someone gives a password to others we don't know, there should be
a notice to one of the admins, at least.

2nd thing: I warned Kure and this guy to wait. I was almost finished with a mission
which took some good coordination and planning. Kure said he waited at the spawn,
while the other guy must be the one at the ship triggering the alarm. I said "wait a bit",
"please wait" and "don't join yet".

I don't remember seeing any "Hello" messages or asking if he can join, from this guy.

I was alone on the server, so I decided to have a try at this mission in my own style.

3rd thing: I created and account for this guy after contacting me on my personal email
address. This means, he either had problems or was a someone already banned in
the past. I did it and after some days, I see he has password to our servers and playing
as a little child. He either stole it, already knew it or someone gave it to him.

4th thing: Who the F*#! leaves the server when I ask who went on board and sounded
the alarm? Oh, he had connection problems? "He tried to shoot someone when he got
spotted and his weapon didn't shoot, he reconnected to make it work again." It's a private
server. When someone is already playing for a while, you ask if it's possible to join the
current mission.

He stays banned, no matter what.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

8 years 8 months ago #27 by NL
Replied by NL on topic BoosT discussion
Ok, but he is not banned on RSC and forum (yet?).

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #28 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic BoosT discussion
Roger that, Snow.

Question now is : Must the Event server PW be regenerated or not ? I guess it must be, in my opinion. Once again, yes .... :mm1:

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #29 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic BoosT discussion
I've been offline for a little bit, but I just got a chance to read through all of this.

Unfortunately, I have to take responsibility for giving boost the password for the event server. He seemed really eager to play in the event and I didn't realize he would cause any problems, and I am really sorry that he did.

I only gave him the password because he really wanted to play in the event, and I would have felt bad joining the server while he's locked out, and making him feel left out. I realize my mistake was not telling anybody of my action, and I will definitely rectify this in the future if I do the same again (which I most likely won't again).

I will say, during the event, he seemed to play alright. He slowed down and took to the spirit of the game after Nik explained the rules, and when I was leading he followed my orders well.

Nevertheless, I realize it was not in my place to give him the password without consultation, and I realize now the mistake I made.

Since I am partly responsible for this incident, I would understand if I took at least part of the punishment. I acted out of line, and it is only fair for my actions.

I am really sorry to have caused such a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

8 years 8 months ago #30 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic BoosT discussion
About Boost

There are weird thing that's true, barely one week on our server and the guy was excited to play on TS. Even if he has played previously HD2 (without remembering his old nickname), I think, should have been put to a test and see its behavior on other servers.
It is regrettable to have trusted this guy who spam the forum and sabotages your maps , but we do not know about who we have to deal and when we notice it, it's too late. :confused:
Hopefully this incident has not damage your morale, for your future TS maps
:embarassed:
If you want to know someone, do not listen to what he says, but look at what he does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is today (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 7 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 8 days (39)