Observation about Qtracker

2 years 6 months ago #1 by toadlife
Observation about Qtracker was created by toadlife
qtracker seems to blacklist servers if there are too many connection failures. I've noticed that the times I had trouble getting my server to register with qtracker were after times when my firewall was misconfigured and caused qtracker to not be able to conenct. I'm not sure if it bans names and ip addresses/ports or just names, but I've found that changing the name of the server (example: Blair Coop (Easy) to Blair Coop ( Easy )) worked to get the server to register and show up on the server list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Observation about Qtracker
I don't think that is true. Whenever I restart the remote machine, different servers get "registered" and it's only half. At some point all the =RpR= servers were displayed in the QTracker list except Justice. I tried to change the name and it didn't work. I did change names before adding NEW to the list and it somehow worked, but I'm not convinced that's the way to do. Midu also has one server missing and Sasha's server had problems too. That's how I ended up updating the ServerList.bin file.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: toadlife

2 years 6 months ago #3 by toadlife
Replied by toadlife on topic Observation about Qtracker
Perhaps changing the name and port is necessary? I was also changing the ports on my servers while trying to get them to show up. Whatever the cause, it's been very frustrating. All three of my servers are showing up now, so I'm not changing anything!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 6 months ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Observation about Qtracker
I'm not sure what happened. I probably messed something up after the new / old remote switch when the servers were not working a couple of weeks ago because of a little mistake. So I started the servers on both the old machine and the new with the same name and ports, just different IPs. When I realized it, it was too late. I'll try to change ports, but this is stupid from my point of view. People who still use FAVORITES list will have to change it again. I'll have to redo that too.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

2 years 6 months ago #5 by toadlife
Replied by toadlife on topic Observation about Qtracker
I added a fourth server for testing maps today and it wouldn't show up on port 11013 but it showed up on 11014.

2 years 6 months ago #6 by mökki medium
Replied by mökki medium on topic Observation about Qtracker
I also had problems starting a server on H&D2. The server was forwarded correctly, running and my friends were able to connect to it, but Qtracker wouldn't show it. Took a full 48 hours before suddenly it would appear there. I don't remember changing anything about the server besides the map.
The following user(s) said Thank You: toadlife

• iBeLKa birthday is today (31)
  • 43 birthday is in 3 days (57)