Firearms of World War 2 (Pistols)

4 years 8 months ago #7 by Commissar
Replied by Commissar on topic Firearms of World War 2 (Pistols)
Nambu Type 14

The Nambu pistol is semi automatic, blowback operated pistol. It was designed by Kijirō Nambu in 1925. The Type 14 wasn't the first model it however this is the one that saw action in World War 2 originally it was designed to simplify production. Some people like to say this pistol was inspired by the C96 Mauser which is totally wrong assumption to make in my opinion becouse the design looks nowhere near the C96 Mauser. The pistols fires the 8x22mm Nambu which it holds 8 of. The muzzle velocity is 290 m/s and the effective firing range is 50 m. The pistol weights 90 dkg unloaded. The pistols mechanichs are very simple when the trigger is pulled and the round was fired the blowback action comes into play however in the Nambus case there is a rod at the end of the pistol which houses the firing pin and the spring that works the action. The Nambu Type 14 was issued to officers in World War 2. As the war proggresed the pistols production was rushed and started to degrade in quality and also as Imperial Japan started to run out of resources was part of the degradation.

The Nambu in Hidden and Dangerous 2 is almost not at all realisitc to its real world counterpart. First the pistol in game ejects the casings to the left while the real one ejected them to the top (and ejecting to the left on a right handed firearm could result in serious burn marks), second the reloading animation just inserts the magazine and does not chambers a round by pulling back the rod. Also the pistol in game is called the Taisho 14 for some reason (Taisho was a japanese emperor).

Thanks for reading. In my opinon the nambu is not a bad pistol but suffers from 2 mistakes. First it has no slide release, second the cartridge it fires is very weak and has very little stopping power (stopping power is meauserd in Newton or Joule its basically how much energy does it give to the body it impacts) however i still think this pistol when it was not rushed and was made well is better than the Luger however other pistols i have covered (besides the Luger of course) are way better options.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki, WANGER, Xiadz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)