Firearms of World War 2 (carbines)

4 years 7 months ago #1 by Commissar
Firearms of World War 2 (carbines) was created by Commissar
M1 and M2 Carbine

The M1 Carbine (a carbine is a type of firearm that has a shorter barrel then a rifle and sometimes even fires a smaller cartridge then a rifle but that is not a requirment) is a semi automatic carbine. The carbine was designed by David M. Williams, Fredrick L. Humeston, William C. Roamer in 1942. The main reason for the start of the development was that the support teams needed something lighter and easier to carry so it won't limit their mobility.

The rifle fires the .30 carbine (7.62x33mm) cartridge in a magazine which holds 15 rounds (there were later 30 round magazines more on that later). The muzzle velocity is 607m/s, the effective firing range is 270m and the carbine weights about 2.4kg unloaded.

The carbines mechanichs are as follows it is a gas operated. when a round is fired the expanding gases flow trough a smaller barrel on top of the main barrel. In this barrel there is a piston that is pushed backwards by the flowing gas and this cycles the action. The rifle has a rotating bolt which is a method used for locking the breach (we would not want our gas to escape from the breach now would we) it basically has two little kind of wings these rotate in place locking the bolt in place.

There is also the M2 carbine which is a select fire carbine developed in 1944. It had an automatic and single fire firing modes. It was also issued with a 30 round stick magazine. Not many were used during the Second World War conversion kits were issued so the M1 carbines could be converted into M2s. There was another version of the carbine the M1A1 which was only different from the M1 that it had a folding stock (the M1 had a fixed wooden stock) and a bayonet lug (which was later added to regular M1 carbines).

US soldiers during World War 2 carried this carbine mostly it was issued to paratroopers, machine gun teams mortar teams and navy personel.

The carbine in Hidden and Dangerous 2 is accurate to it's real world counterpart its a pity the M2 is not in the game it would have been fun to use.

Thanks for reading. In my opinion the M1 carbine is a good carbine and the M2 is even better, it gets the job done and it does not have any fatal flows.
Also i would like to make an announcement since it's the end of summer i won't be making 2 weapons a week and i also decided to make the irregulars into a whole other thread thank you for your patience and i hope you keep enjoying my threads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki, WANGER, Xiadz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)