× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

Cant install SS....error code

9 years 1 month ago #13 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic Cant install SS....error code
Did a clean install of XP and just my luck I can't connect to the internet and the network is non existent in my device manager. This is a very painful process of finding the correct dell drivers for my hardware. I am considering using my windows 7 machine.

After playing Hd2 on my AMD Athalon 64 x2 dual core 6000+ 3ghz, 3g Ram...it is a bit choppy and I need a better graphics card. The card now is a NVIDEA Geforce 615 05E nforce430. Can you guys suggest a card that will allow me to max out HD2 and not choke my CPU? I do not need to run any other games. Just HD2.
Looking for affordable options.
Thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #14 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Cant install SS....error code
Can you precise which model is your Dell computer ? No promise but maybe, i say maybe, i can have something that will help you.

9 years 1 month ago #15 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Cant install SS....error code
This thread sounds like you really need a fresh reinstall of everything on your PC.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #16 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Cant install SS....error code
I agree with you, Snow. As i understand it, Blackakres78 did a reinstal of his OS on his 1st computer but he doesn't have the right network driver anymore. But in fact, there are not so much different drivers for that, depending on the chipset on his Dell motherboard it can be possible to find it, that's why i asked him for precisions. Same for others drivers btw, as graphics and sound, not absolutely necessary to search on Dell website, there are good chances to find them elsewhere.

9 years 1 month ago #17 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic Cant install SS....error code
PROBLEM SOLVED

I simply went out and bought a $60 Geforce 730 and now my windows 7 machine is maxing out HD2 without a sweat.
I just retired my Dell XP machine. It was an old and sick dog.

Back to gaming!

Thx everyone for your support
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

9 years 1 month ago #18 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Cant install SS....error code
Glad you got it working :gj:

Hopefully I'll get to see you on the battlefield :rambo:

• Lukasz birthday is in 2 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 9 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 10 days (39)