× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

Dedicated server on Windows Server 2019

3 years 7 months ago #1 by Stompinidus
Dedicated server on Windows Server 2019 was created by Stompinidus
I've tried to start a dedicated server on Windows server 2019, but after the server command and the map is loaded it crashes. So I am able to star the console and enter all these commands, but after the 'server' command when the map is loaded and server is really started it crashes. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent these crashes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #2 by toadlife
Replied by toadlife on topic Dedicated server on Windows Server 2019
Is DirectPlay installed? I think you might have to install it by yourself on Server 2019 through the Server Manager.

I've run a H&D2 server successfully on Windows 10 1809, which is the same codebase as Server 2019.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doc

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #3 by toadlife
Replied by toadlife on topic Dedicated server on Windows Server 2019
And the other thing I would look at is security/access on the game directory. If the program directory is only writable by administrators and the user the server is running under doesn't have admin rights, the game might not function. Turning "UAC" off is often an easy fix for that.

3 years 5 months ago #4 by Stompinidus
Replied by Stompinidus on topic Dedicated server on Windows Server 2019
Thank you for these tips, I will try them

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)