Low FPS on Hidden And Dangerous Deluxe

7 years 6 months ago #7 by NL
Well I assume you tried some different settings like unchecking the compressed textures, maybe even try 16 bit depth and linear filtering, don't what other options are under 3D device.
I don't have the game installed so can't check for myself (I run w10 too) but I know some here still play HD so maybe they have some experience with it.

You use Nvidia so maybe you can change some settings in the control panel for HD and see if that makes a difference, forcing maybe more hardware acceleration. On the other hand, maybe the game is just too old to be handled well by W10.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #8 by Miller786
Replied by Miller786 on topic Low FPS on Hidden And Dangerous Deluxe
Yes, i tried all of those and the nvidia control panel too, a weird thing is that if i run it as adminstrator the game doesn't start and says i need directx 8 or greater (yes i have directx installed)

7 years 6 months ago #9 by Miller786
Anybody knows where i can get the original H&D with the expansion? maybe that will run fine, i tried looking in your files section but i can only find H&D2 and the Deluxe version, if anybody has and can upload it i would be very grateful

7 years 6 months ago #10 by Miller786
So today i fired up H&D Deluxe after the win10 update and the fps are finally high enough to be playable however im having another issue, the mouse sensitivity is different for x and y axis making it almost impossible to aim properly, any ideas on that one?

7 years 6 months ago #11 by Miller786
Does anybody know how to run the game in xp compatibility mode without running it as admin?
If i run the game as admin the game will crash on startup with a directx related error but it runs fine in normal mode. i need to run the game in xp compatibility mode but every time i do so the game runs as admin

7 years 6 months ago #12 by NL
go to properties and don't select "run as administrator"?

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)