Remote Server Control (RSC)

2 years 6 months ago #157 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
Jonny, what does the Auto-Restart option mean in the RSC Client at server messages? Does it apply the changed settings with a server restart or is it for a higher scope?

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #158 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)

Jonny, what does the Auto-Restart option mean in the RSC Client at server messages? Does it apply the changed settings with a server restart or is it for a higher scope?
​​​​​If I remember correctly, it simply closes the running servers so that they are simply restarted. This frees up the memory and ensures that it runs more stable when people are there during the day. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 6 months ago #159 by snowman
So when exactly does this functionality work? When I Update the changes? I still don't understand 100%... you made me think about closing the servers when nobody is on the servers and starting them when someone joins That would be a nice idea from the resources viewpoint, but then QTracker and possibly our future master server won't be able to grab data. I'm talking nonsense, I know :D

2 years 6 months ago #160 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)

So when exactly does this functionality work? When I Update the changes? I still don't understand 100%... you made me think about closing the servers when nobody is on the servers and starting them when someone joins That would be a nice idea from the resources viewpoint, but then QTracker and possibly our future master server won't be able to grab data. I'm talking nonsense, I know :D

It simply closes the server window and Server Manager 2.9 automatically restarts the server. That's it 
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 months 3 weeks ago #161 by snowman
Having a few issues with the new RSC server. Since a few weeks, in December 2023 it started spamming with the username and country in the chat, over and over. I closed it, started it again... still the same. I reinstalled the server and client from scratch, no messages, but it's not functioning, giving this error:

We are using Jonny's old server now!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonnySniper

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)