Actors.bin size correcting.

7 years 2 months ago #7 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Actors.bin size correcting.
I know he lives in England but always wondered if he immigrated there from, say, Finland?
His English and grammar are sometimes very strange and I have also been thinking about dyslexia.

Sorry Sabrefinn, no insult intended.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #8 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Actors.bin size correcting.
I was thinking about Rs clan, there were mostly Italians ?

Finland is logic because word "Finn" means the person who lives in Finland or is a Finnish.

The one who hesitates is lost !

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #9 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic Actors.bin size correcting.
guys come on.

i am from England,

i am from Birmingham and i am a brummie, if you ever been here you would know how many dialect their is here now.

their people in my town who blow you arms off it you want critter about how they type. i am often polite guy. dont piss me off .

Theirs no real posh English anymore, get over it, and if their is so we call them snobs.

You don't know what i am asking ? i have a actors.bin with tons of object i have put in from over maps, so what i want to know is, can i use your tool whist i have all my objects in my actors, will it get messed up if i use your program. Also can i keep applying your application to my actors.bin if i want to add more objects to my actors.bin.

so edit my actors - apply your application, go back to adding more objects and then apply your application again.
or do i apply your application only the once to to my file and then that is that only need do once.

my name is just so a random name in the game, it dnt mean jack. i change it ages ago to Rs sabre.

what is Nl anyway nipple licker ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

7 years 2 months ago #10 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Actors.bin size correcting.

Rssabrefinn wrote: their people in my town who blow you arms off it you want critter about how they type. i am often polite guy. dont piss me off. Theirs no real posh English anymore, get over it, and if their is so we call them snobs.

Richie you are the best :lol:

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProSabre

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Actors.bin size correcting.
We were on the wrong tracks...

//
Yes now i get the question.
I tested it with pretty large files to import and it was fine. (you should make a backup before, well this program makes it too, but to be sure).
You can make one file that contains many Objects (or one file that contains many Definitions) and import it, then there is no need to add them one by one.
DCED works the same way but it cannot handle Def section as it should and this generates "rubbish" at the end of Def section (end of file) and DCED cannot correct the Def section size and it can result in unreadable file (Objects have no Def-s, example imported vehicle is only visible, hangs in the air and player cannot use it).
And you could only use this program to correct size values, maybe if you work with Hex editor and bored to make corrections, that is for i used it.
And yes you can use it many times, select Load to load the Actors.bin then select Add, select file to import, then click Save. On statusbar it shows what has been imported, after it numbers must change, (if imported def file was with data of 2000 then new Def value is old value+2000).

I guess you know this correctiong theory (in post 19) link \o/http://www.rprclan.com/forum/22-general/2582-how-to-play-coop-multiplayer-maps-in-single-player?start=18
(Def section+Obj section+6=File size).

If the rubbish is already in the end of file, this program cannot recognize it... yet... for now still have to delete it by HexEditor.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, ProSabre

7 years 2 months ago #12 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic Actors.bin size correcting.
thank you, yes little of topic,

dced has a few problems, just like my lasy typing.

I don't have any issue with added mess on the ends of the actors.bim whist importing.

but if you do import with deed, you hit the save button every time you make an import of an object, tap save, you can also duplicate your object in dced, but when you do tap save button on every duplicate . then exit decd and re-open the dced.

so in theory when that you import more than one object hit save , import again hit save and you can carry on like this as much as you want to import objects. then simply exit, don't save from with in the menus.. the save icon on dced.

anyhow this is a tip if you understand it.

• spartacus birthday is in 4 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 5 days (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 9 days (28)