× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

RSC and IP range ban

9 years 1 month ago #1 by NL
RSC and IP range ban was created by NL
I had a conversation with RSC / servermanager developer Cristoph (JonnySniper) on object-arts

=RpR= NL (Gast)

18.03.2015 16:57 [zitieren] [editieren]
Hi, not sure if you still read this forum but should your RSC be able to ban an IP range or does this functionality not work? =RpR= is using your servermanger and RSC but when I click the option nothing happens. Any chance you could advice us on the RpR forum? (rprclan.com)

Thanks and greetings!

Webmaster
(128 Posts bisher)
21.03.2015 12:33 [zitieren]
hi,
correct in this version there is a little bug with a emtpy text file...
if you open the range_ip ban txt file and insert a few spaces and save the file while RSC doesnt run und restart RSC ... it should work to add a range ban.
PS: best range ban still firewall ban

He also told me in an e-mail he is still developing a newer version but progress is slow because he is busy. So hopefully in the future we will have a new and improved version!

So can someone with access to the range_ip ban txt file try to ban a range so we can test if this works?
Range would be for player Box / Ghy / Chips who was banned for glitching but reconnects with different IP several times a day.
1.196.0.0 - 1.196.255.255

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic RSC and IP range ban
Spaces ? :O i didnt know that... but i had bug when i added ip range from RSC, it saved it multiple times and sometimes banned players were not disconnected.
I guess this kind of bugs are different for different mashines and op systems...

Adding ip range manually to iprange file while RSC was off, worked perfect.
Example line from file:
1Teamkill</89.246.0.0-89.246.63.255</BlueFox(ger)

For testing ban yourself with a range ban. :)

The one who hesitates is lost !

9 years 1 month ago #3 by NL
Replied by NL on topic RSC and IP range ban
Ah good Stern, I now realise I read the answer wrong. So all an admin has to do is put some spaces in the range_ip ban txt file and the functionality becomes available in the RSC?

9 years 1 month ago #4 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic RSC and IP range ban
No i dont think so....the ip range ban function must be available all the time...i guess i read it wrong :) so problem is that you can not use ip range ban function ? that's odd...

The one who hesitates is lost !

9 years 1 month ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic RSC and IP range ban
Hmm, that's not how I read it. Apparently the bug is because the txt file is empty and some spaces "activates" the feature and makes the text file available for IP range banning functionality in RSC. I guess we should wait for Snow or BYTM to look at this txt file.

9 years 1 month ago #6 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic RSC and IP range ban
added manually a ban into the txt file, so hopefully from now on it's working

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• Lukasz birthday is in 2 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 9 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 10 days (39)