× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

RSC and IP range ban

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #13 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic RSC and IP range ban
Okay now 8)

EDIT:
Maybe the / sign dividing the different nicks was making problems as well as flash signs are used in code.. :confused:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #14 by NL
Replied by NL on topic RSC and IP range ban
So just to summarize:

admins should NOT use the manual IP range ban function in RSC but sent a message to Snowman / BetterYouThanMe to ask the IP range to be added to the server text file? And same goes for unbanning an IP range? Is this correct or did you fix more Steff?

BTW it's great we have this function again! But all admins should be aware that banning common ranges could also include fair players, so we have to be precise with it.

Edit: about the / sign, I had this trouble already before I made that / entry. Only error message I got was when I defined a range divided by the - on the main keyboard while you should use the - on the numpad.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 1 month ago #15 by betteryouthanme
i have banned two players on Windows firewall which works as well. That's how i did it in the past.
Did not fix anything, that's Jonny's job.. ;)

Alternatively i could make the ip range text file available via FTP. So you could download, make your changes and upload it again. But with admins working on it at the same time could make some problems..

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 1 month ago #16 by NL

betteryouthanme wrote: i have banned two players on Windows firewall which works as well. That's how i did it in the past.
Did not fix anything, that's Jonny's job.. ;)

Alternatively i could make the ip range text file available via FTP. So you could download, make your changes and upload it again. But with admins working on it at the same time could make some problems..

I think it's probably better to keep it away from normal admins like me, it could get messy and IP range banning won't happen that often. It is also good to keep control over it so nobody starts banning ranges at random.

9 years 1 month ago #17 by NL

betteryouthanme wrote: Okay now 8)

EDIT:
Maybe the / sign dividing the different nicks was making problems as well as flash signs are used in code.. :confused:

Hmm, I still see this guy chips playing so it don't seem to always work...and his IP is in the range 1.196.0.0 - 1.196.255.255, can you try to ban him in firewall?

9 years 1 month ago #18 by betteryouthanme
he was listed twice maybe that's why it did not work..
Just to make sure the IP range is banned now via Firewall too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 2 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 9 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 10 days (39)