× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

do we have a buggy server?

8 years 2 weeks ago #13 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic do we have a buggy server?
I am automatically "commiting suicide" every time i get off the driver seat from jeep while driving, it's like jeep hit me but it didn't :( Maybe that ghost from Libya 3 is back :sos: + Bots are moving like this:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #14 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic do we have a buggy server?
Can anyone confirm this restarting Realism last night?

Note(to myself): reinstalled the Server Manager on 3rd April 2016

"Straight and narrow is the path."

8 years 2 weeks ago #15 by NL
Replied by NL on topic do we have a buggy server?
I did nothing last night.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #16 by NL
We had some discussion on skype about the problems we experience and I thought I'd share some insights which may be wrong:

-The server experiencing CPU overload which crashes the server. (so far we don't know by which process) It seems unlikely this is caused by the number of players on the server.

-possible desync problem between server and client which seems to be on server side and causing client CTD's (all connected clients at same time) and possibly the "no weapons" bug. This last bug is not the same for every player at the same time, some will have it and some not, if a client reconnects it is usually solved and also when the map is reloaded. This suggests that sometimes some clients and server lose sync, but not all. (due to CPU overload, some getting server instructions but some not?). So most likely a network/internet connection issue on server side.

-Sometimes we get the "connection problem" message which will either go away or will eventually kick you from the server but without crashing the client. Also most likely a network/internet connection issue on server side but I guess it can also be caused by the clients connection and/or latency.

I also did a test by removing the scripts folder from my game to make sure the server was not calling any script functions on the client side. Scripts are ONLY needed on the server, when playing an internet game the client does not use the scripts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

8 years 2 weeks ago #17 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic do we have a buggy server?
Hello,

maybe you should take into account that it could be a problem with your Dedicated Machine. As I read, it should be a Virtual Server. Virtual Servers sharing there hardware with several virtual machines on ONE Dedicated Root Server. Maybe the Dedicated Root Server on which your VPS is running experiences some technical problems. Your problem is a short-time problem, so it could be that another VPS on the same Dedicated Root Server is using a HUGE amount of CPU usage which also lowers the performance of all the other VPS. I would recommend to write a support ticket, just in case. I hope you can fix it soon, RpR is important for HD2!

Regards, ThomasTailor93

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL

8 years 2 weeks ago #18 by NL
@ThomasTailor93 yes we also talked about this, we are waiting for BYTM (Steff) to hopefully discuss this with our hosting (he is our administrator).
We don't know all the ins and outs of this, I thought and hoped CPU usage is maybe reserved and shielded per VPS but I guess that can depend on configuration and/or contract type (or maybe a technical impossibilty, I don't know).
Thank you for your suggestion.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maletzki

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)