Greetings from an veteran HD2 player

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #7 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Greetings from an veteran HD2 player
Hey Black,
great the see some nice veterans returning :^^:

There are many great new tools, unfortunately not yet fully functional but already very useful.
With hdmaster's 3ds plugin e.g you can import any 4ds file into 3ds Max, perfect to find out map positions. You may also create or edit the checkpoints file check2.bin , though not all values have been discovered yet. (together with checkpoint_utility.ms)

Another great tool is RevEngEd2 Editor by Ikaros and the latest dta unpacker 2012 by hdmaster. (same link)

Once created a scripting tutorial which is also uncompleted..
On that wiki site you find many other informations too.

Would be great to see some new mods from you (hopefully coop ;) )

If you need help with any of these tools just let me know.
Cheers

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #8 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Greetings from an veteran HD2 player
Forgot about the new Sabre Squadron exe file which reads the printf and printfnumber commands on a non-dedi server, very useful to see if a script is working proberly. (printf_exe.7z)
And the script_tokens text file which explains some values of the umpteen commands.

Both by hdmaster again :love:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 1 month ago #9 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic Greetings from an veteran HD2 player
Sounds like the hardest part of finding map coordinates has been mostly solved with this plugin by hdmaster.
I can't tell you how many times I gave up on certain coordinates because I couldn't find them. Mostly I had to depend
on maps that already existed to find certain coordinates. Then there was the endless process of turning the game off and on and off and on
in order to check to see if you placed something correctly.

Mostly with my mods there was a lot of sneaking around to do. You could capture the subtle environment by not sounding alarms and going as quiet as possible. To me, that is the best part of this game is being able to accomplish your objectives without detection. For the rest of the world, there is COD.
If I were to dive back into this I would definitely be making a partisan map again. and it would be massive. complex and highly scripted.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #10 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Greetings from an veteran HD2 player

Blackakres78 wrote:
If I were to dive back into this I would definitely be making a partisan map again. and it would be massive. complex and highly scripted.

Well, in this case i suggest you to take a look about the Saint-Marcel maquis fight , which took place in Brittany in 1944, involving a squad of French SAS and hundreds of partisans of French Resistance, fighting against German occupiers troops. And this is true history :gj: :nod:

9 years 1 month ago #11 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic Greetings from an veteran HD2 player
That sounds pretty cool. I always thought that the assassination of Heydrich or Hitler would be a good map. Hawk and I were collaborating years ago on making a map called Valkyrie which took place in Cz1 where you would plant explosives under a desk while Hitler was briefing with his high ups.

9 years 1 month ago #12 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Greetings from an veteran HD2 player
For me, maybe two ( or three ) years ago, i started a project of making a couple of maps, re creating the real operations of French SAS in Brittany ( where i live ) during the period June / August 1944. For some reasons, this project has turn to sleep, but it's not dead.

• RellHaiser birthday is today (36)
  • Xiadz birthday is in 8 days (27)
  • Greg birthday is in 9 days (22)
  • Matke birthday is in 9 days (21)