New Weapons for H&D2

7 years 11 months ago #19 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New Weapons for H&D2
Modding the graphics, textures, or sounds is fine (unless it gives the ability to see other players/enemies easier.) Also, when these changes are only for single player I also don't care. But when you change multi-player game dynamics that give a player an advantage over other players it is cheating. It is simple as that.

For me there is not much difference between a Springfield with 7 shots and quick reload and a BAR with 250 ammo. We ban for that shit ;)

Will other players without the tables hear the Springfield as silenced or not? And the AI, will they hear the shots?

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #20 by NL

@NL - I downloaded tables with that springfield but my goal is to use it on singleplayer offline stealth missions, not in multiplayer.
I will simply remove tables when going for multiplayer and paste them back when playing singleplayer offline.

That is fine but this is a public forum and you can be 100% sure these tables WILL be abused, I am sure the files are already out there and will continue to spread.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #21 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic New Weapons for H&D2
Well NPCs did not hear me, but i don't know about you guys.
For me it is perfectly silenced.
It is quite a challenge to zoom and try to hit somebody from a long distance ;)

7 years 11 months ago #22 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic New Weapons for H&D2
you still have an advantage. Us modders know how to balance the game. Even if i made silent weapons and their is slight advantages. soldiers can be given more health, so these advantages can be decreased even if weapons are changed and fairly made. The game can be equally challenged given the Wright methods, the time the cooperative side of the game can be made stronger. i do fear over styles of play were their maybe advantages. I will not make anything and not distribute, until we can see what is beneficial to the game.

7 years 11 months ago #23 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic New Weapons for H&D2
I agree with Jo. I would apreciate if the available modders these days would
invest more energy in expanding the game not diluting it with cheap mods. I'm
sorry, but I haven't found a mod yet that really improves the original game.

Please don't distribute cheats on our forum. If you want to share them privately,
then consider the risks involved.

Thank you.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

7 years 11 months ago #24 by NL
It is about deathmatch and occupation mostly, but also coop.
The point is that any change in weapon dynamics is only acceptable (and this is my personal opinion) if it is available to EVERYONE and is within the spirit of the game. So it should stay close to historic weapons and WW2 correct period. No M16's in this game for example.

Of course, that will be a problem because not all players come to this or your forum. Maybe if such changes can be integrated in something like a CMP distribution it could be acceptable, but even then there are players who only play DM and they may never download the latest CMP.

So to be honest I think it will NEVER be acceptable to distribute changed weapons (unless maybe they are always weaker than the standard game weapons) unless there is a way to make sure all players have the same modified files.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 2 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 9 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 10 days (39)