New Weapons for H&D2

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #31 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New Weapons for H&D2

What you need to realize is that many years ago some one all ready made table cheat to kill the game off. I have only improvised what overs have ask for and for my willingness and my kindness to give what over are unable to achieve themselves. one changed weapon is not going kill off an already dying game. Im not accountable to the already destruction of this very game. If want to change the diversity of this game. i have the power todo it . and grown and moan or be happy . because your efforts are mere nothing. and my efforts are to give what players want is game challenging attributes, because you'll always hit brick wall what ever you mod in a game. Do you fear brutality, fear a game is going be more havoc then its already is. fear a modder or do you fear a cheat ? A cheat is some one that uses a cheat. not the one making it.

Well let me put it this way:
just because the Americans dropped the atomic bomb it doesn't mean it don't matter if we drop a few more.
Yes the tables from the past are still there but WAY less than before because a new generation of players never heard about them or know where to look.
Also: a cheater can only use a cheat if the cheat has been made...so yes, modders do play an important role and have a responsibility.

I never said you are responsible for damage done in the past and I do appreciate the effort you put into this game (even if I am not a fan of your work).
I am just asking you to not introduce even more opportunities to ruin online game play. It does not mean you can't mod, only that you not create weapon characteristics that can and will be abused.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #32 by Sasha
Replied by Sasha on topic New Weapons for H&D2
so that the game uses 4ds 5ds formats and it is a bit uncomfortable to make a model and convert it into 4ds not difficult but what to do to revitalize the model I can not understand

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #33 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic New Weapons for H&D2
create weapon characteristics that can and will be abused.

Ok, maybe look into make new weapon.. Chitter. no software can convert 5ds. illusion softworks made their own plug-in bye their own programmer. and they wont release converter. you can import weapons with the max 3d plug, but i dont think it exports well. You can edit 4ds - 5ds and put dots in parts of the scripting code to disable and hide parts of a module . little tricky... Making new modules, is not possible. their might be ways to add over contains from the chameleon game. but due to copy restrictions no one at the present has decide to import into hd2. and i know who can do this work. but also i guess because of the time and effort to put new things into hidden and dangerous. it not going to happen. unless you figure out yourself how too. we modders figure things out ourself. and guess part of that u have todo yourself too.

7 years 11 months ago #34 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New Weapons for H&D2

Ok, maybe look into make new weapon

If it is a weapon that is stronger than standard weapons it will still not be acceptable.
If you want to create diversity you should simply look at textures for weapons but build on an existing weapon platform.
So a new weapon would be based on, for example, a MP40 but only look different and would still have the same fire rate, ammo capacity, recoil, range and damage points. That is the only way to keep it fair.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProSabre

7 years 11 months ago #35 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic New Weapons for H&D2
no it cant be copy and pasted,, as you have to be logged in to rpr for download of file. only ones who have this are the ones that are logged in and weather they decided to download . and believe me, that rpr can log every ip of when i uploaded the file and trace back,s since i uploaded to the day it was pulled off . but also its distribution is only given out from the ones that may have passed it on themselves. witch i doubt is many.

7 years 11 months ago #36 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic New Weapons for H&D2

snowman wrote: It would be nice to have a little plugin software that you will use
to play on RpR servers, meaning you can't join the servers without
it. The purpose of this software would be to not allow you to join
if you have tables or hacks and kick you if you use them. I don't
know how realistic would be its implementation, but it's a good idea.

Only possible solution I see, is to make it work with RSC, to kick player who has file "items.sav" different than the original (it must compare checksums).
And that means Jonnysniper has to make this mod :yipi: what a challenge...

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)