doors

6 years 11 months ago #7 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic doors
what you mean with "the keys are not functional!"?
If you can open/close and prick it open it's all okay. In the def you can specify some more attributes.
If you want the door not to be pricked open set the pricking ability to 0.

Your gate is from Africa3? The one to blow up to enter the oasis? I don't think this door has a regular door definition in the original mission and can be only destroyed but not opened. (Should be a definition with animation) As the dynamite tells me, you want to blow it up too?

I've sent you already my scene.4ds and my definition is just a regular one. However i've attached it.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #8 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic doors
Sorry, maybe I can not explain myself well ... the big door has already been a few days ago. I can exploit it and it is a different element, not a door. In the second image the new door appears. I think my definition is not working at all well. Now I'm going to try yours. Thanks again, my friend!

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #9 by Polanski
OKAY! I have a door that can be opened with key 3 and can not be forced (important !!). It opens at 90 degrees with normal speed.

:leave:

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 11 months ago #10 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic doors
I used the new scene.4ds on Li3 Blowout. The door is there with texture but not working, you can go through. Then I imported the definition into scene2.bin with DCED and the door works, but the texture is gone. Seems to need a lightmap? There is only Primary sector on Libye3.

6 years 11 months ago #11 by Polanski
It is easier to use the l_door.4ds model! Then write your definition or use the one I put in the previous post! :)

6 years 11 months ago #12 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic doors
Sorry was my mistake. Missed the second picture in your post..

Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker wrote: Then I imported the definition into scene2.bin with DCED and the door works, but the texture is gone.

This happend to me too. The door was completely black. I fixed that with changing the value from 0 to 1 of Block 6600 in the door's definition.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• Lukasz birthday is today (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 7 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 8 days (39)