What are you cooking?

2 years 7 months ago #529 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
Saw them in a man's basket at the supermarket today, so I didn't forget to get one... or two. They are in small quantity and pretty good with a hot cup of milk

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #530 by snowman
Always wanted to make some creme with white chocolate and vanilla. I haven't tasted it yet. I imagine I will like it more than dark chocolate

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki

2 years 6 months ago #531 by Feldmarshal
Replied by Feldmarshal on topic What are you cooking?
It's me again, after a little break, I'm here to share my homemade pizza with you 

So, let's go straight to the point. Ingredients are:

For cake(for small one, on photos I've made double version of this):
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 2 dkg of yeasts
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of oil
  • half cup of milk or water (milk is better for me)

Preparing cake in steps:
  1. Mix yeasts with sugar and add warm milk
  2. Leave mixed yeasts in warm place until it ferment and grow up a bit
  3. Pour flour to bowl, add oil, salt, yeasts and milk (or water) and mix it together until cake will be plain
  4. After mixing it properly leave it for a while in warm place (10-15 mins)
  5. In that time prepare baking sheet, brush it with butter and form in whatever you want shape
I'm using tomato puree as a sauce mixed with Herbes de Provence. 

And you going to ask what I'm using to fill cake? You can use whatever you want! In this one I've used mushrooms, red onion, corn, grilled chicken, bacon and mozzarella cheese. As well you can use other ingredients. (salami, pepperoni ect.) 
Voilà 

You will not grow if you are not willing to change yourself
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki

2 years 5 months ago #532 by snowman
Best breakfast after a great early morning exercise. Yummy, buttery, crispy heaven

Warning: Spoiler!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #533 by snowman
Delicious Orange Kompot
Serves 4 Portions

The ultimate orange kompot recipe for you and your loved ones. Very easy to make and most savory of all. All you need is patience, a sharp knife and a little bit of love. Only need 3 ingredients, but we can add more, depending on your personal taste.

1 Liter (34 fl oz) Water
5 Oranges (medium sized)
200g (7 oz) Sugar (or less, depending on the sweetness of the oranges)

Optional:
1 Lemon
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Star of Anise

Let's begin! First, get everything together. You will spend some time preparing the oranges before cooking them on the stove.

With a very sharp knife or a potato peeler try to slice out the zest of one orange, without cutting the white part if possible. We need that orange zest flavor without the bitterness of the white skin. For more precision and stability you can slice the orange at one end, thus creating a flat surface to work with. Please try to not cut off any fingers

SPOILER!!!

Once you are finished slicing the zest, now you need to prepare the zest flavored syrup. Get a decent sized pot. Add about 200 ml (7 fl oz) of water, 5 tablespoons of sugar and your zest. Set to boil for 5-10 minutes, then take it off the stove and cover it with a lid/ plate.

NOTE: The water and sugar are taken from the original amount specified above. We're not adding more water or sugar to the recipe !

Now, let's get back to those oranges. Round slices seem to work the best when making orange compote because they keep their structure. I don't prefer to use the actual orange slices since this way the freshness of the fruit is not released as well into the liquid when boiling.

Start by slicing the skin off the orange, like you did with the zest previously, but this time you want to reach the pulp of the fruit. Once slice at a time, going round, until finished.

Once you are done, you can start to slice the pulp this way. It's a good idea to then slice each of these round slices in halves, so you can gobble them up easier

PRO TIP!

Congratulations! You have now finished preparing the ingredients for your kompot so now we can move to the next step:

Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #534 by snowman
The hardest part is over, the easiest one is to come. Bring together all you have worked for so far. I prefer to add one star of anise and one cinnamon stick for extra spicy flavor, plus the juice of one half of lemon. I have strained the syrup from the orange zests we cooker earlier... it's that orange liquid inside the glass cup.

Now we start making the kompot. Put the water and sugar that you have not added to your orange syrup in a pot and bring to a boil. Once that syrup starts boiling, add the spices, orange flavored syrup, lemon juice and half of the pulp slices from your oranges. This way they will all cook evenly. Simmer(do not boil) for 10 minutes or so.

Next you can remove the two spices and the orange slices. Put them in a bowl.

Repeat the same process with the remaining orange slices, then also transfer them to the bowl.

Once you don't have any more slices to cook, remove the syrup from the stove and let it cool down. Cover the slices and orange syrup pot.

When the syrup has cooled down enough, you can strain it. Not necessary. You can also drink it hot if you like.

Get your favorite glasses, cups or bowls and gently arrange the orange slices inside. Pour the syrup on top end! Enjoy You can heat it up, or drink it cold. It's a very special dessert

I've sliced the cooked orange zests in fine slices for extra orange flavor and bitterness  

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juanma66, Maki

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)