× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

H&D2 Problem

8 years 4 weeks ago #7 by NL
Replied by NL on topic H&D2 Problem
lol, that's is the oldest solution in the book for everything which I used many, many times: if all else fails - re-install windows ;)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #8 by Femto
Replied by Femto on topic H&D2 Problem
Hello ! I am having an issue playing offline and creating LAN server, the server starts pretty well but just moment after I accept the parameters on Player Setup Menu , waiting to spawn , The game Crashes .. I have tried with dedicated server as well , Server is visible but when I try to connect it , It never connects and get stuck at "creating client and connecting to server " message :undecided: .Tried Reinstalling but still no change with the issues... please help me resolve

Thanks , in advance :)

"In this world, some people born are like keys that move the world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man."

8 years 1 week ago #9 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic H&D2 Problem
Btw, he did reinstall the game several times and didn't work. Meow has Win 7.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #10 by NL
I assume you have my mpmaplist.txt in your main game folder:

I don't really understand why you see the message "creating client and connecting to server " because I don't get that when I set up a LAN server. So I thought it may help if I show you how I do it, just to be sure we all do it the same way:

Attachments:

8 years 1 week ago #11 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic H&D2 Problem
Shay. I had same problem. You just need to spam game button, after something like 20 clicks it will be open.

8 years 1 week ago #12 by NL
I really don't know how to help you Meow, I removed some files from my game to see if I could replicate the problem but I can't.
I am installing my game from original disks so I cannot be sure if the problem is caused by the pirated version we share in our files section, if that is what you use to install the game. Maybe someone with the pirated version can confirm if setting up a LAN game works for them.

I wonder if it could be a resource problem on your laptop? In your screenshots I see pretty low fps and you tell me that with smoke you have a fps drop, this suggests you laptop is really struggling to run the game.

• Lukasz birthday is in 1 day (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 8 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 9 days (39)