New CO-OP Maps

2 years 8 months ago #433 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic New CO-OP Maps

I dont have any more interesting ideas to make more mission modifications, :confused:

c’mon

Here’s an idea for Africa4, the only working night desert map, based on a real hit & run SAS mission.
Objective is to destroy all planes. The runways could be placed in the northwest area of the map, spawn in south east like on Africa3. Your task is to attack as a team with all jeeps simultaneously.

so ok maybe I have an idea for it. not on Africa4, it's too small.
we have to put together several maps from Africa1 to Africa4 and
turn day into night.
before the brilliant new 3D artist show up here we have to put the pieces together
and build new maps from existing maps like a puzzle

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #434 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic New CO-OP Maps
It has happen before, this forum software plays tricks on you.

But is it possible to combine scenes like that ?
I was thinking about adding Normandy 2 + 3 + 4 tohether, or just create wider version of N4, with more parallel streets.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 8 months ago #435 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic New CO-OP Maps
Strange. There is someone on Discord interested in the same mission. I don't think he ever worked on it, maybe gathered the details.

I don't know how complicated it would be to stitch some missions together. Hopefully someone can find out or give some suggestions.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

2 years 8 months ago #436 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic New CO-OP Maps
@Stern
To add terrain, use one basic map like Normandy2, then add the scene.4ds (or parts of it) from another mission as a model to the scene2.bin of your basic map.

I don’t know exactly yet how to remove borders. So it’s easier to remove houses like I did on Nm2Bait and Firefly. Here you can make a passage to the added scenery. Now give collision to the new scenery and create checkpoints, maybe also lights in inner sectors.
Because of the complexity of water maps it might be good to use Normandy3 as the basic map for the connection with Nm2 and Nm4.

@Snowman
thx for edit. The night raid mission would be good on new created terrain, with wide open space, also with new models e.g. for a destroy-able Ju52 plane.
atm I make only a simple version where I put a runway from Africa1 or maybe Africa5 into Africa2, with the method described above. Don’t know how to edit the light to night exactly, so I start with a day version.

Once I tried a night version of Libya2 but there the bots did not react like in the original. One way might be to start with Africa4 for the main lights, then add the new scenery, maybe not connected with the basic scene. Later you can delete from the scene.4ds of Africa4 what is not needed including the (interior) lights etc.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #437 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic New CO-OP Maps
First Maze mission, made on flat surface, constructed with square blocks, generated from bmp image file (1 pixel = 1 block).
Black pixel = wall, white pixel = no wall.

This mission might be wery hard to comlete !!!

You have to find and destroy 4 ammo crates (with dynamite) and then find your way back to start location.
There is no map  ( it only shows players direction )

Layout is this:
You start in the middle and boxes are located in corners.

If you found a box and complete objective 2, it means corner 2, it will give you a hint where you are.

I had different plans but was not able to add spawnzones :/

Maybe its useful to add large amount of some weapon ammo for player to drop it on the floor to mark some areas already explored.

Amazing Maze

The one who hesitates is lost !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, DanJ

2 years 7 months ago #438 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic New CO-OP Maps
I will upload it on the Map Test server tomorrow if nobody else wants to try.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)